What is a 1400 calorie meal plan?
This 1400 calorie Indian Diet Plan for Weight Loss can help you better grasp the calorie rhythm if you are a calorie-conscious person who likes to keep track of what you eat. But, once we initiate this 1400 calorie meal plan, it’s critical to learn how to properly plan your calories in order to lose weight.
A 1400 calorie meal plan might help you get started on your weight-loss journey. When it comes to reducing weight, the rule is “Calories In, Calories Out.” You gain weight if you consume too many calories. You will lose weight if you do the reverse while following a 1400 calorie meal plan or any other customized/ specialized plan.
What Foods Should Be Included In a 1400 calorie meal plan?
- Whole grains:- which are high in slow carbohydrates and fiber, will boost one’s energy while also assisting in weight loss and lowering cardiovascular risks.
- Green Leafy:- such as kale, collard greens, and spinach can help prevent heart disease, cancer, macular degeneration, and type 2 diabetes.
- Legume:- high in vegetable protein and have been associated with a lower risk of heart disease, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels.
- Nuts:- almonds and walnuts are high in polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-6 and omega-3, which are good for your overall health. They help you maintain a healthy heart, improve your health, and even protect you from diabetes, an endocrine disorder, and cancer.
- Dairy products:- like plain natural yogurt, kefir, and low-fat cottage cheese can help you get the calcium you need for bone mineralization. They also help the digestive system function better.
- Seafood: – Protein and omega-3 fatty acids are found in ocean fish. Seafood has been demonstrated to aid in the maintenance of one’s eyesight, the smoothing of one’s skin, the enhancement of one’s cognitive functioning, and the reduction of depression symptoms.
- Fruits and berries: They are considered to be vitamin powerhouses, helping to smooth your skin and protecting your body against inflammation flare-ups and a variety of ailments.
Tips for Eating Healthy While Starting a 1400 Calorie Meal Plan
The rate at which you eat meals has a significant impact on overall weight-loss success. Yes, there are instances when a full meal is simply not possible, but keep in mind that quick eating has been linked to a higher BMI. When you eat too quickly, your brain doesn’t have enough time to tell you that you’re full, so you’ll end up eating far more than you need in one sitting. Slowly consuming your 1400 calories per day will assist you in achieving your weight loss goals.
You’ll start to appreciate the taste and flavor of your meals, which is a significant plus. Enough water consumption is essential. Water is essential for your overall health and can also aid in weight loss. Drinking a glass of water before a meal will help you eat less and feel fuller faster. To boost your outcomes, try consuming freshly squeezed lemon water.
Mind you, I’m not talking about sugary drinks or juices. While juices are commonly thought to be healthful, they aren’t always so. Many packaged juices are prepared from hydrated concentrates and typically contain a significant amount of highly refined sugars, which can increase your blood sugar levels and disrupt your overall nutritional plan.
To conclude, if you’re an adult female looking to reduce weight gradually, a 1400 calorie meal plan is a reasonable alternative. If your menu is balanced and free of dangerous & unhealthy items, you can keep to this number of calories for as long as you desire. For adult men, a 1400 calorie meal plan is also effective but has a lesser track record of weight loss as compared to females.
Steps to Lose Weight in a Healthy Way while you follow a 1400 calorie meal plan
STEP 1:- Analyze the calorie consumption:- It’s critical to assess how many calories you’re currently consuming before deciding how many calories to eat to lose weight. Write down what you eat, when you eat it, and how much you eat in a food journal, then have it analyzed by a dietician.
STEP 2:- Subtract 500 calories:- After you’ve estimated your daily total calorie consumption, the next step toward weight loss is to subtract 500 calories from the total. A typical Indian man consumes roughly 2000 calories per day, while a typical Indian lady consumes around 1800 calories per day. Your calorie estimations may be more or lower than the average, depending on the amount of food that you eat.
STEP 3:- Actually required calorie:- You should put your acquired knowledge to good use now that you know how many calories you need to ingest per day. Consult a skilled dietitian about your diet to ensure you’re on the correct track and doing everything you can to lose weight. We provide a variety of weight-loss diet regimens with varying calorie counts.
Macro division in a 1400 Calorie Meal Plan
Macros are a short form of “macronutrients,” which are the three components of food: carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Macronutrients provide the majority of the body’s energy and calories. Each macronutrient has its own set of advantages and functions in sustaining a healthy body. Personal differences such as weight, age, and underlying health issues might influence how much of each macronutrient a person needs.
1. Carbohydrates are necessary for muscular contraction during strenuous activity. Carbohydrates allow the body to conduct essential processes like regulating body temperature, keeping the heart beating, and digesting meals even while it is at rest. Carbohydrates are the preferred energy source for several body tissues and the brain’s principal energy source. Carbohydrates are broken down by the body into glucose, which travels through the bloodstream to the body’s cells and enables them to operate.
2. Amino acids are lengthy chains of chemicals that make up protein. They are necessary for the growth, development, repair, and maintenance of bodily tissues. Protein is found in every cell of the body, and getting enough of it is essential for keeping muscles, bones, and tissues healthy. Protein is also important for a variety of body functions, including immune system support, metabolic activities, and cell construction and support.
3. Fats are an essential nutrient because they supply energy to the body. While some forms of dietary fats are better for you than others, they are an important part of your diet since they help with hormone production, cell growth, energy storage, and vitamin absorption.
1 Week Sample 1400 Calorie Meal Plan
- Breakfast:- 1 tall glass beetroot & berries smoothie + 2 fruit jelly tarts
- Lunch:- 4 paneer balls 2 roti 1 medium plate salad _ 1 small bowl curd
- Snacks:- 1 bowl Boiled vegetable+1 bowl curd(jeera powder+black salt)
- Dinner:- 2 roti+1 bowl dal in 1 serving mix vegetable
Total calories:-1352 kcal
- Breakfast:- 1 glass warm lime- water+ roasted pumpkin seeds +1 citrus fruit ½ bowl curd with cinnamon powder
- Lunch:- Sprouts salad +veg wraps(1 pc)
- Snacks :- Roasted peanuts(handful) + 1 glass fat free milk with jaggery
- Dinner :- 1 serving Khichdi with sprout salad
Total calories:-1446 kcal
- Breakfast:- 1 glass Cucumber detox water + Poha +1 onion paratha(with olive , coconut, rice bran or no oil) +fruit juice (1 glass-including citrus fruits like orange, mosambi,orange ,etc.)
- Lunch:- 1 Oats-besan cheela
- Snacks:- Fruit salad ginger tea
- Dinner:- 1bowl Broccoli oats soup/veg soup
Total calories-1413 kcal
- Breakfast:- 1 citrus fruit+1 bowl unsalted puffed rice + Moong sprouts- half bowl
- Lunch:- 1 bowl – muesli
- Snacks:- Green tea puffed rice/unsalted beaten rice & mixed berries
- Dinner:- 2 roti dal salad
Total Calories:-1468 kcal
- Breakfast :- Vegetable oats/milk with oats or dalia/2- egg whites with 1-2 whole wheat toast with grilled vegetables along with a cup of lemon tea.(lemon tea is optional) + 10 almonds green tea.
- Lunch:- 1 grilled vegetable sandwich chamomile tea
- Snacks:- Roasted chana, bajra or jowar or fruits & turmeric tea
- Dinner :- 1 bowl soyabean curry ½ bowl rice + 1 large bowl salad 1 bowl curd
Total calories:-1411 kcal
- Breakfast:- Cucumber detox water 1glass+ oats ½ bowl +1 vegetable cheela+1 glass fat free milk/1 glass honey warm water
- Lunch:- 1 bowl boiled vegetable +1 bowl curd
- Snacks:- 1 glass barley water in 1 kiwi fruit
- Dinner:- 1 roti bean curry + ½ bowl curd in 1 bowl salad
Total calories-1430 kcal
- Breakfast:- Apple cinnamon porridge vegetable /vegetable uttapam with sambhar+1 citrus fruit+1 bowl plane (unsalted)puffed rice
- Lunch:- 1 Oats Dosa/ Oats Porridge 2 Green moong dal and carrot pancakes
- Snacks :- Makhana turmeric tea
- Dinner:- 2 chapatis (50% jowar ) with vegetable salad and low-fat paneer[6 cubes] (120 gm).
Total calories:-1433 kcal
This article is solely meant to provide general information and does not handle specific circumstances. It is not a substitute for expert advice or assistance, and it should not be used to make any judgments.
When following a 1400 calorie meal plan, it’s best to eat foods that are moderate in protein, rich in saturated fat, and low in carbohydrates. This is due to the fact that inactive people with insulin resistance have a harder time accessing and burning the body’s fat reserves.
If you’re thinking about trying a very low-calorie diet, you should understand how it affects your metabolism. When you eat a low-calorie diet, your body’s metabolic rate slows down, which makes it difficult to lose weight.
It is possible to lose weight in a healthy way by eating 1400 calories per day, but you must plan all of your meals carefully to avoid missing out on essential nutrients. Any action you take based on this article’s information is solely at your own risk and responsibility.